Sunday 25 September 2011

Cups of Tea 2168 - 2172

Why how do there movie goers! The featured presentation tonight has been brought to you by a man, with a little too much time on his hands, to run and then design something based around it. It has been rated a 12a (PG-13 to all of you across the pond) as it contains some naughty words and an absurd narrative, that leaves me introducing a blog as a voice-over... So now I'll stop doing that because it was a very silly premise...

Just a bit of a quick update to show you how Rundown's coming along... All there's really left to do other than the illustrations is the foreword and possibly an over all stats analysis at the end of the issue... Oh, and a cover, but that's more illustration I guess! Suffice to say, if I do do a cover and another page layout, I can probably put it in my portfolio just in case any interviews come along :) I may even attempt to do that tonight!



As you can see, by flipping the 'Running On' page onto the left, the title worked a lot better, I nullified the tone to an orange on grey, as apposed to white on orange to better tie into the colour scheme / it looks nicer with the grid! (also, the wall shadow blends very nicely into a white page) The only real problem with the maps atm is the text... I'm going to do a few proof prints tomorrow to see how it looks, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make it a lot more minimalist for the print version!

Hopefully a lot more to show tomorrow! Now to work out and then back onto the illustrations!

M x

Oh and P.S. Purely because I told Rhys I'd up it in on Facebook, here's the running ninja that almost got used in 'Running on'... Oh, I have fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment