Sunday 18 September 2011

Cups of Tea 2138 - 2141

Why hello there campers. Does that require a hi-di-hi? I know not. What I do know however, is that today has been awfully tired! Well, today I had a bit of a conundrum when I got in from work! Did I goto bed as I usually do on a Sunday afternoon, then end up getting up around 8 / 9 o'clock, only to then stay up until a silly time and throw my sleeping pattern out of whack again!

Or I could be responsible, ride out the tiredness and in doing so, goto bed at a reasonable time (oh say, right after I finish this blog post). However, due to the whole nap / silly o'clock sleeping time / early start pattern I want to avoid today, but yet committed yesterday. I am very. very tired right now. What does this mean? This means that there's not been a lot done other than attempting to edit some of the comic stuff talked about yesterday (as one or two amaaazing illustrators have shown an interest...). However, as I want them as a high quality as possible... I had to just save them as an uber rough draft, and now I'm going to have to re-do tomorrow -sigh-

So the million pound question is, what did I do with my day to stay awake. Well, this is a simple one. I read possibly the BEST comic series of all time (if not the best, then a close second. But as my favourite ever comic book is written by the same ruddy genius of a writer, I can't really bicker about it). THE WALKING DEAD.

Now I've read the first few comics of Robert Kirkman's long running, AMC award winning series inspiring, Romero inspired zombie saga many a time. However, as I've always been one to own and read Kirkman's books, mainly due to wanting to support such a high quality writer, I've not got around to purchasing past the second trade. This was until I happened to realize that someone had given me the complete run in ebooks at some point (found it on an old flash drive)! So while I may have had to download the last 10 books, I read it in all it's page turning, grip you by the balls story telling glory. Oh my Days! Suffice to say, if you've not read it, please. PLEASE, go here and at least read the first issue. There are many differences between the comic and the series, so don't let the 'I'll know whats happening' excuse put you off, because you really won't! Rick Grimes (the dude on the horse from the trailer...) is without a shadow of a doubt, one of the greatest characters ever created. With such a complex story arch and a million kick ass lines, trust me, you'll love him!

And with that knocked off and the hour growing late, I can goto bed, get up early and crack on with Rundown! I'm actually really excited about it! Which is really sad, I admit, but if I do it well, it's going to be cracking! Nighty Night all, some stuff to show tomorrow!

M x


Oh P.S. My favourite book of all time is probably Kirkman's Invincible... The first arch beats ANYTHING I've ever read by Marvel / DC hands down! Find the first one here! Also if you like his writing, check out Haunt. It's a book he wrote and Todd McFarlene (creator of Spawn) inks... It's damned good!

No comments:

Post a Comment