Monday 5 September 2011

Cups of Tea 1964 - 2101

Why hello there people of the world! Where have I been you might ask? Well that would be telling, but tell I shall! I'm good like that! As was seen by the wall of orderly sorted-ness in one of my last posts, I've been getting my act together! With a little bit of freelance here, taking some time to write stand up that I didn't get to perform, but more importantly... learning how to code.

HTML, then XHTML, then CSS, now HTML 5 and CSS3. I might even throw in a little bit of Javascript... We'll see how far it goes...

For those who know me well, this might come as a bit of a shock. I was, for a very long time, annoyed at web. Perhaps this might seem a little silly for somebody who wanted to be a Graphic Designer, but when you're a designer who's bread and butter is print based design, where all elements are fully controlled by the designer, down to the tiniest detail, where what you see is what you get, web was a frustration.

This is something I'll cover a little more in the upcoming week when I relaunch Twoddle, but I seriously got annoyed by Web. I'm past that now... Past it so much in fact, that I might have a bit of a crush on web design at the moment! Hence why i've been so methodical in my learning of code (I'm pretty much fluent in the elements I have learned now). So the plan for next week is to begin a total over-hall of Teasigner.com as well as the start of two new semi-daily projects :)

I should have one of them up tomorrow (hey, I'm almost at the end of my second book on html / css, I'm long over due some design!) for your viewing pleasure and more on how that's going to work... I may also design a tumblr to accompany this fine blog o' mine, for the more image conscious of you all :)

Until tomorrow ladies and gents, I shall leave you with this wonderful Etsy product by the user Gnomesweeetgnome, which is further proof that the simplest ideas are the best... it's a tissue box!



M x

No comments:

Post a Comment