Saturday 17 September 2011

Cups of Tea 2134 - 2137

A rather strange day today, it must be said! After coming home from work (4am wake up today because of the weather, then in for 6... joy!) I had a kip, then began researching some places to print Rundown (did he say print? I think he did you know ;) ), and then began to read the two new books that came through my door today! (namely 8 Faces #3 and CSS - The Missing Manual, which I'll write about in more detail when I'm more than a 10th into it...), but then, something happened almost accidentally!

Back about a year or two ago, me and the very talent other half, Ms. Gemma Anderson started a very short lived idea of collaberating on a comic book series... I wrote it, she was going to illustrate it... However, this never came to be. I wrote the first trade and plotted out the first arch, which she did some preliminary sketches before uni got to hectic... But after accidentally opening the first issue's script after thinking it was something else (ahh, the days when I named files randomly...) I started writing. And I've got to say, I think it's a pretty strong draft! So what I'm wondering, is if anyone fancies doing a few sketches on some of the character bios I've got kicking around...? Hell, it's early days but if someone could get the art down, I'd probably pay for publishing it myself... Always wanted to write a comic book. I'm going to browse stuff like the Swansea Comic Collective, but if anyone fancies it, drop me a facebook message or something and we can have a chinwag!

So unfortunately, no design today either! But I PROMISE tomorrow you'll at least get a page layout (or at least a tease of one...)! Who knows, Monday you might even get the cover and so actual information on what it is ;)

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment