Wednesday 28 July 2010

Cups of Tea 0571 - 0604

Yes. It has almost been a week... "Most unproductive Mat!" I hear you cry, "What happened to daily updates?" Well if I'm being honest, I didn't want to bore you. Friday I went for a pint with Mike and Janina (Mike's girlfriend who I had the pleasure of meeting that day), and by the time I got home it was almost 9 o'clock. I went to bed not long after.

Working weekend killed any ambition I had to do work after work... Saturday my Aunty and Uncle visited so we had a meal and talked as a family all night which was nice. They're in New York as of next week so I'll be getting an Ipad on the cheap! Woohoo! If anyone's got one / played with one... is it worth the 3G or should I just upgrade the hard drive with the extra cash?

Sunday was a night of reading for my dissertation that ended up with me watching the A-team movie (in a dubious format...) which I thought was wicked, see it in the cinema if you can because I'd imagine it's epic! So Monday, Tuesday and Today I have been solidly designing and slowly adjusting my sleeping pattern back to reasonable hours... I've been designing so hard in fact, that hopefully I will be able to release my first typeface either Friday or in the following week!

I've vectored all the upper / lower case and the numbers... only the symbols etc. to vector now, they're all drawn up in the planning book... I've never taken one across to font book before so I don't know how long it will take / what I need to tweak in the program. I've got ideas for 3 more typefaces after it, and when you don't set yourself silly restrictions like I have for this one, I really enjoy designing type. Which is weird, I never thought I would have.... Future Job prospect I guess!

Anyways, that's it for now... I don't want to show the typeface until it's done, dusted and I get the credit for it deserved... Don't want blog stalkers stealing it from under me haha!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment