Monday 12 July 2010

Cups of Tea 0539 - 0543

Its a really strange place to be. It really is. On the one hand, I kinda look on doing flyers as a simple bit of graphic design to bring a little bit of money in every now and again. But on the other hand, I actually love creating them. It's that balance between being able to produce a beautiful piece of work while using minimal typography to deliver the message to the reader. Yes, congratulations for pointing out the obvious Mat, you sure are a clever boy.

But I honestly think if I could get a stable living from purely creating this kind of art, y'know I probably would. If I could put these designs on t-shirts, band specific silk screened posters, hats or funny badges, I would. But it's a double edged sword I guess. I mean I specifically went to the venues that these flyers were distributed too when I went to London and they were certainly all gone from venues. But was it the case of people liking them, or were they simply glanced at and dis-guarded... Strange days indeed.

Anyways, I'm going to actively try to better my own style these next few weeks if I can... make prints in it without the typography (or maybe with some other typography, the night is young!) and see how they look... If I can figure out a way of semi-silk screening them, there may even be prints :) Leave a comment if there's been any particular poster i've done recently you've liked and i'll make it priority!

Also, i've got 4 of the prints I did a few weeks back for sale if anyone want's them... they're taking up tremendous amounts of space here (the suckers are A1...) They're on a nice, water colour 300gm stock and would look quite dapper in or around your personal space! Again, leave a comment or pop a facebook / twitter message across if you want one. (see below, I'll take a decent picture tomorrow as this is misleading... after all, they're not on wood!)



So yes, other than spam... check this out :) http://www.graphicdesignontheradio.com/ Found it yesterday via twitter. Adrian Shaughnessy (the rather talented writer How To Become A Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul) interviewing leading designers and questioning graphic design today. Quite interesting imho!

M x

edit / p.s... New layout hates big graphics!

No comments:

Post a Comment