Sunday 8 March 2009

Cups of Tea 116 - 120

The Most un-sunny Sunday I can remember.

I went to work, it pissed down. I came home, it was still pissing down. Wet, Wet, Wet. Typical British weather... and it annoyed me. Nevermind, I finally got the main tool I need for my street art mwhaha, soon poppits, soon...

Not alot done today to be honest, dragged out the old Xbox when I got in and played some "Beyond Good and Evil" in preparation for the Sequel in May! Other than that just imported some old and new music into Itunes (The Chemical Brothers "Surrender" and "Dig Your Own Hole", The Beta Band "The Three E.P.'s" and The Asteroid's Galaxy Tour "Fruit".) then chilled out with a cup of tea.

I have also decided the best way to find inspiration. Buy two small energy drinks. Knock both Back. Play Electronica (Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers). Run Bath. Get in bath. Lie with your ears in the water and think. Through this bizarre, mind altering method of relaxation / sedation / pulse racing mediation, I've finally decided what I want to do with my Spam Ad's. A kind of Marmite feel, of the desperation of eating Spam, it should be fun!

I also had great fun last night after posting this blog looking at old '70s TV ads, trying to coax the inspiration locked between relaxation and the need for sleep out to run in the big, green park of University Coursework. It didn't really work but I saw some cooool things, like the Unigate Humphry Ads and The Cadbury's Smash Martians. Gawd, they're both so Iconic... I love the Red/white straw creaping in at the corner... Gotta come up with something Similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment