Wednesday 28 January 2009

Cups of tea 53 - 54

The tea has been minimal, the design has been even less!

What started out as a mess around this morning due to me waking up excited like a child at christmas have proven one thing. I cannot draw realistic people to save my life.

It's true and I guess kinda expected, that as a graphic designer my place is to making text look pretty and maybe a liiiiittle bit of illustration thrown in for good measure, not to be an over-kill illustrator like some people I know.

But God, I wish I could draw.

After a recent DA by my girlfriend, who's work can be found here, I thought i'd be romantic and suprise her with a simplistic illustration of a similar thing (hehe, teaboy... geddit?) but alas, it took me almost two hours to draw something relivity simple. Phail.

Nevermind, I learned of pure artistic perfection later that day... Tesco's "Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper Bloomer" combined with Anchor butter is quite literally, THE best toast ever... it's esentially seasoned tiger bread, but christ, it's tasty... I've almost eaten the whole thing in ten minutes...

Sorry the design and blogging is at a minimun at the moment, with that book project passed all I really want to do is relax, read and cwtch up in bed and pretend to watch films. Life is good <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment