Thursday 8 January 2009

Cups of Tea 4 - 17

Christ, I hear you exclaim! That's a whole lot of tea drinking! Believe me, if I had more milk I'd be on about 25 by now...

What a week I say, what a week! So much to talk about and such a little blog to fit it in... Where to begin. Where I left off of course...

So I finished Sophie's design t-shirt (which I've yet to model for here, otherwise the picture would be here...) is pretty simple, it looks abit like this. How Snazzy aye?

Unfortunatly, for some unknown reason, Karma came back to bite me on the arse in this one as there's now a sign on the door to the courtyard (where I use my spray paint for test stencils, splatter brushes etc) prohibiting the use of "Paint Spray" in the area / building... fun and games. Seem's a little of the black paint got on a bin and they're afraid the council might sue them for "defacing Goverment Property"... Nevermind, i'll just do it outside... "Use of Paint Spray in and around the building prohibited" sign to follow.


Other than this ban on my civil liberty to spraypaint in the property i'm paying to live in, I did acctually do alot of work this week when I wasn't bogged down with manflu (Friday too Monday, cups 4 - 10). I did uni work in the form of Tina Turner flyers within set text restrictions, a flash portfolio for a 1K a year grant and some work on the children's book I'm creating for my core module... but now on to the exciting stuffs, work for fierce panda!

If you know me, I regularly do the flyer for Cool For Cats. Well, I got asked to create a flyer their main label, Fierce Panda (with such acts as the blackout! and Shit Disco on the books, aswell as being the original labels for Muse, Ash, Coldplay and Idlewild...) for their 15th birthday. Well I jumped at the chance,


I originally created something a little bit nu rave, geometric fonts and magenta /cyan paint splatters,(Left) but after sending it off and then listening to the music didn't think it fitted... So afew email's later we arrived at the (at the moment...) finished flyer! (Right) Phwoar.
Soon to be gracing NME don't y'know ;)







Anyways thats pretty much a week condensed into one, meaty blog. If I don't updat tommorow, kick my ass plix? kthnxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment