Sunday 2 October 2011

Cups of Tea 2194 - 2199

Urgghhh. I really don't feel well at the moment. I woke up this fair morn, at 6 o'clock Ante Meridian, to find myself with quite the mystery on my hands Scooby. I had a seriously sniffley nose, accompanied by a pretty sore throat. 'How could I contract what clearly seem to be, the early symptoms of influenza? Well it is October. 'Freshers Flu' must be going around, as my Daily Mail clearly indicates that young students love nothing more to share beds, drinks and other bodily fluids. But I've not really been out any where to catch it... Well could I have caught a chill? As I've said, it is October after all. Autumn is upon us so maybe I should be wrapping up warm in a Doctor Who themed scarf and some Thermal socks? Oh wait, It's currently 27°C. So what could the source be?'

The answer, ladies and gentleman? My own Nephew. The same Nephew I miss terribly that he's officialy moved to London, decided to give me one last passing gift before going away, not a drawing for my fridge or one of his toys, but a ruddy cold. The kid did me in better than Macbeth did Duncan.  I have been seriously under the weather all day and I work in a freezer at -21°C... Suffice to say, he's getting a lump of coal that i've sneezed on from Santa this Christmas.

So yes, I've been a total bloke since I got in from work. Monged out under the quilt and drank a load of Chai tea to try and bring me around, but alas it hasn't worked. I only moan, you understand, because I'm hardly ever ill (which means I get a pass...) and it's come at a time when I'm also still recoving from the uber 10k run on Friday. To be honest, it's probably the reason I caught the flu in the firstplace. Coughs and sneezes with the aches and pains of my muscles being torn to bits and repaired with protein, does not a strong immune system make.

So which brings me to the next point, though it should be obvious from the above. Not a lot done today, but as I've cheated like hell on this blog for the better part of the week, I thought I'd flash you the 12th of September image. Now please, look at this while I go curl up and cry myself to sleep. Also, what do you think of the sneaky paper texture? It's more an experiment for next month's Rundown, but I think it works quite nicely on this one... or is it better clean do you think? My money's probably on clean because of the rest of it, but hey...


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment