Friday 14 October 2011

Cups of Tea 2138 - 2142

View discretion is advised, this blog may contain Graphic Design, anecdotal humor and possibly a journey through time and space.

I can't be sure on the last part, as I'm neither The Doctor or The Boosh. So now that's straightened out, hello and good day to you all! It's been a day of travel here in the world of Teasign, first to Swansea at the crack of dawn to finally get my hands on an iPhone! Hazaa! I have joined the modern age of smartphone users! Now I can Geocach, Four Square and augment my reality along with the best of them! I then took a trip upto Cardiff for a quick bit of sight seeing, some general chitchat and a spot of tea at a Tesco's. All in all, not a bad day out!

Apologies for yesterday's lack of a post, I was quiiite busy for most of the day, so short of spoiling some of Rundown (it's almost there, I promise!), I shall show nawt of my own work... I'm currently just playing around a little in Photoshop which is fun, short of the flyer below, I haven't really used it in awhile in favor of the trusty pen tool in Illustrator, but I'm toying with a few nifty little tips I picked up via some tutorials! No doubt I'll show you some of it soon!

But until that time, I'll just leave you with a little bit of this, as it's a bit of a fitting end of a blog that started with an iPhone / to do a little bit of a Steve Job's Homage, it's Paul Rand's Brand Presentation Booklet for the Next logo! (No, not the clothing company...)


While not my favourite of Rand's logos (and if I were pressed to pick one, it'd probably be abc's, purely for it's bold, minimalist and dare I even say, timeless look and feel), the bloke was undoubtedly a very clever chap, so it's a pretty damned interesting read! Full scans of it can be found here, and better pictures can be found along with Rand's logos if you scroll down.

On that note, I'm off to do some writing before bed. I've got to make the most of my free time while it's still free after all! Toodle Pip all!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment