Wednesday 26 October 2011

Cups of Tea 2181 - 2186

A lot of Tea as it's been a bit of a busy day respective readers! A lot of brews, slightly strained eyes and a practical exercise for a job is completed... I think? And it's been nice! I've been using Photoshop PROPERLY for the first time in a good while. Cropping, using layer styles, blends, layer masks! The whole shebang! And I forgot how much I love the program.... I've been using illustrator for the last what, 8 years now? 6 of those I've used it pretty hardcore!

But alas, after an interview a week or two ago I was told to check out layer styles, and I honestly forgot how much could be achieved with them... It's been a nice change of pace! While I still love my vectoring (you know me, I keep it clean), in this period of me being unemployed I think I'm going to use the time to become as uber in PS as I used to be! While I can still remember how to do everything, I'm not as fast with the old lasso and my collection of brushes leaves a lot to be desired! This will be rectified! Then it's back to learning HTML 5...


Other than this news, I stumbled across a complete ARCHIVE of published material from Volkswagen since the 30s! We're talking Nazi Germany Volkswagen promotional things, it's incredible to look at! It's great to see how the brand has always been so visually stylized, most of it wouldn't look out of place to look at today, while others look a little dated but look like they were ground breaking at the time!

Unfortunately, there's none of the posters on there, but I'm still going to link to this article on the 'lemon' ad (as made famous by madmen), because I think the copy is awesome! And now, to bed! Nighty night all!

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment