Tuesday 11 October 2011

Cups of Tea 2124 - 2132

Hey You! Out there in the cold, Getting lonely, Getting old. Can you feel me? Please? No? Fine.

How the devil are you everyone? I'm sorry it's been two days without updates, but alas there are good reasons. Sunday as you all jolly well know if you're a regular reader, I did a stand up gig in Swansea for The Swansea Uni Comedy Club (go like their Facebook page, it'll make them happy) which I feel went pretty damned well. No idea of the exact numbers, but it's probably the largest crowd I've performed to so far and it went very well! Got asked back and the talk of more dates in the future, so that's always nice! I tried to blog about it after it happened from the old GLC (cheers Jim for the floor space!) but I'd changed my password and couldn't remember it (oops).

I got some pretty shitty news after I got out of the venue however. One of my neighbor's passed away. So when I got home, I wrote out some sympathy cards and then went over to see the family, which is why I didn't post yesterday. Nothing really got done and I didn't really have a lot to say if I'm honest.

But today's been a little more productive, which is nice. I did some freelance gig for a flyer I believe I'm on the billing for (which would be cool!) and one of the last Rundown illustrations, only 2 more to go and then the cover! However I'm at a loss for October's issue... While out running (only the second time this month... GRR!) I twisted my bloody ankle, so now I'm left at the mercy of seeing how it is on Friday before I contemplate running again... which may force me to make an October / November issue instead... Though to be fair, with what I've got planned for the next issue, getting to do it for 2 months would be amazing! Really looking forward to it :D Ordered the wood to sort it all today ;)

I could show you the Rundown illustration, but as I'm so close to finishing it, I really just want to try and push on with it tomorrow and see what happens! Stranger things have happened, I may even get to put it out into the world finally! So instead (as I can't release the aforementioned freelance yet...), I'm just going to leave you with some the fantastic Mr. Button, design and produced by John Caswell Design. These will be all over my person come winter!



M x


No comments:

Post a Comment