Friday 10 December 2010

Cups of Tea 0916 - 0967

Yes. It has been that long, and there has been that much tea! I'm back in the swing of working (after abit of a designer's block moment last week) and will be updating tomorrow properly with some visuals (though I'm in work pretty solid the next 3 days... so possibly expect a rant I guess ;) )for you to enjoy!

But first I'd like to swing some attention to this book - While it's got no real conclusion in my eyes, the first two parts are pretty damned insightful into how we should be working as designers. By a bloke called Dan Pink and called Drive, it discusses the implications of money on our craft and well being, but also how intrinsic gain from work should be aimed for above monetary gain. Give it a read, it's pretty cheap on amazon and the last part is supposedly a self help type of spiel you can come back to. Personally, I was more interested in the facts presented in the first two parts, but it's made me set my aims properly for the rest of this degree anyways.



Anyways, time for bed... large shift tomorrow at the work house and I want to design when I get in, not be knackered... so I'll love you and leave you all!

M x

P.s. For those interested in buying me stuff... I wouldn't mind This, This, This or This. ;) I guess I also wouldn't say no to this and this also, but thats looking ahead a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment