Thursday 25 November 2010

Cups of Tea 0909 - 0915

Creativity is a strange thing. It manifests itself in such strange and limitless ways. Even if you think your not creative, I believe that whatever your job through time and the tiniest bit of dedication, each person improves a post in his or her own way. Be it slightly lowering a shelf so people can get a product easier, being able to judge the speed you need to impact a tackle to allow a turn over ball, or even cooking the egg precisely so the yolk is drippy but the white hardens, all of this, each little decision, skill and act of independent thought is branched under creativity in my eyes.

It's all a matter of perspective. The way that you see this world in which we eat, love, live and eventually die is different to those around you. You may perceive colours slightly differently, you my smell things more strongly or you might just think a little differently and this can make you unique.

I am recently beginning to realize that while I can create pictorially, my creativity manifests itself more in ideas and linguistics. While there is no doubt in my mind that I am not the brightest or most creative person, although I can come across as smug or simple depending on the social situation, when given a pen and paper I can express myself fully and comprehensively through writing. In fact the mere thought of words like 'soliloquy' or even simple little ones like 'opus' make me love the english language. I say this not for any kind of self-praise or egotistical back patting, I just find myself watching this video more and more, wanting to express my own love and share this with you...



Admittedly my grammar is awful and I do occasionally pull people up on wrong quotes from films, even though I myself trip up over words that muddle in my head. Which I admit is both twatish, irritating and sad, but please know I'm working on it. I therefore vow from this moment on to think before I speak. As we all know, I can ramble and I do at times like the sound of my own voice. But I will sort this out, I promise.

The irony here lies in me saying I can express myself and this probably makes no sense, so maybe I'm wrong about that too... but it is 01:25 in the morning!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment