Wednesday 22 December 2010

Cups of Tea 0993 - 0995

I could theoretically get that 1000ths cuppa tomorrow, but wouldn't it just be grander if I did it on Christmas morning ;) Also thanks for the views everyone... it's a real intensive to write when you can see that people are actually reading the blog.

As promised, here are Smod's #4 and #5... I love #6 so much, I'm going to post it to almost soften the blow of the ones that precede it, as imho, it's definitely the strongest of the 10 created so far!



A kinda strange one to create... for anyone who's not heard it (at 9/10th of you...), the title kinda explains it all... The funniest, most wtf moment of the entire podcast is pretty much Kevin talking about his shame of being so 'in the mood for love' shall we say, that he resorts to a very desperate act. I'm not going to say it here, because that's just not cricket... but suffice to say there is no clever way that wouldn't get my project kicked in the arse by uni... so I had to go with the more subtle image of Kevin with an ashtray on top of his head, ala a follow up story to the pre-mentioned shameful act from high school...

There's an awful lot of Oscar talk at the start of the SMod so I thought I'd throw an academy award image out there with a K.S. Beard and glasses as they didn't get the credit for producing Good Will Hunting (as discussed in SMod #6...).



I had this image in my head a very long time ago. Kevin joined a YMCA in his youth during one of his yearly 'I'm going to get in shape!' attempts to take advantage of the Y's CAM2 machines... fundamentally a multi-gym that uses air pressure instead of weight (which as i've never seen one in a gym of today, probably wasn't that great...). As if this weren't enough of a reason to Village People Kevin up, some guy also made a pass at him in the hot tub... it's quite a YMCA central pod when I really think about it haha. I choose the Indian not only for it's higher visual qualities over the other members (like I'm not going to run out of uniforms in #149 SMods without using the police man at the first hurdle...), but also as a Homage to SMod #2, where Kevin and Mosier's mugging incident in Time Square happened on the way to see Wayne's World 2, which has a naked Indian in it...

So that it from me folks, comments are always appreciated :) Especially if you are a SMod listener yourself and want to pitch in your two cents...

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment