Sunday 19 December 2010

Cups of Tea 0968 - 0984

Not really alot of tea drunk, but almost 1000 in year... that's pretty impressive I think... when you really think about it, that's alot of bloomin' tea bags!

So where have I been? Unfortunately not London to see the Queen but enthralled in the wonderfully sadistic world of retail... Joy. But as always, it's pushed me to work and work I have. I've been slowly plodding away at work on the project I talked about in the last post, and am ready to reveal!

So those who know the work of Kevin Smith (aka Silent Bob, Director of Clerks) will be aware that he does a weekly podcast called "Smodcast", mostly with his long time producer Scott Mosier and other times with family members / other people involved in the view askewniverse of old. This pod-cast's popularity took off and three years after it's initial launch (2 years after I began listening to it...), The Smodcast Podcast network was born. It started with Tell 'Em Steve Dave, a weekly pod with Brian Johnson and Walt Flanagan, Steve Dave and Fanboy from Mallrats / long time friends of Smiths. Then came The Mo and Glo show, film Director Malcolm Ingram and his Mother, Gloria.

Now, The Smodcast Podcast network has a podcast for every day of the week (hell, some days has more than one podcast) and generally takes up to two hours of my listening time a day. But as much as I love the podcasts, it's very difficult to sort through them to find funny moments I want to re-laugh at. Sure, the early SModcast's had a description of the episode's contents, but as the network developed, with more and more of Mr. Smith's time being spent cutting podcasts, I guess these fell to the side. Not that this is a complaint, I mean how can you complain about a free source of entertainment?

But I wanted to remotely sort them for my own sanity. Focusing on memorable quotes, a visual cue to what is talked about in said podcast... and I guess because I'm not really that keen on the art supplied...

My first task - re branding... As I originally set out to do over 70 podcasts and at least 5 pieces of art for each, I've had to scale back my ambitions for the moment. Focusing instead on the first 10 podcasts of SModcast, TESD and Hollywood Babylon, the podcasts I listen to most. I wanted to stay with Tokyo One, the font used for the original SModcast logo because it would tie in with the SModcastle, Smith's podcasting theater (and the first of it's kind in the world). For TESD, I wanted to get some of the attitude of the Pod across but in a clean san serif. Hollywood Babylon needed a more solid and instantly powerful logo that tied back slightly to the LA theme (hence the star ala Hollywood Boulevard...)



Thoughts, as always... are welcome :)

Tomorrow - The Art of Smodcast 1.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment