Thursday 11 November 2010

Cups of Tea 0857 - 0860

Goddammit! How easily I slip out of posting every day... nevermind, I shall soon fix that... I hope haha!

Today has been a day off of sorts, after seeing Gemma yesterday for her birthday, I got back to mine around 4ish today so I pretty much just sat down and read The Hobbit from cover to cover. while it's kind of dimmed the nostalgic glow that the book once held for me. I remember so well being 11 and reading the hobbit and lord of the rings with friends, all of us reading it together and discussing the parts we got to together as we'd discuss TV shows or games... Did you get to The Mines of Morrior Yet? HAS GANDALF FOUGHT THE BALROG?!"

Which when I think about it, is probably a show of Tolkien's skill to tap the imagination. The only other writer capable of producing such a reaction today would probably be J.K Rowling, but I mean for 7 boys to all be reading the same book at one time was a rare occurrence in the early days of the net, I doubt that thing really happens now off of message boards, which is quite sad.

But it has given me one or two ideas for projects after re-reading it... so look out for something hobbit-esq. soon I guess... But then again, I've got so many ideas for projects rattling around at the moment ><

Other than that, I pre-ordered the 2nd issue of 8Faces, which you can do here. If it's anything like the first, it'll be worth the £10 it costs!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment