Tuesday 2 November 2010

Cups of Tea 0822 - 0834

By jobe, what an uncharacteristically moody weekend! Possibly due to illness (my ears are still abit stuffy and I have a bit of a fever) but I generally felt like crap over the past three days. Nevermind, despite a rock start this morning I seem to be on the mend!

The dissertation has finally been started. And to tell you the truth, while I feel I haven't done nearly as much reading as I probably should have, I feel like I could easily finish it by Christmas if I set my mind to it. Not to be arrogant or snobbish, but much like swimming comes naturally to some and rhythm seems to for others, I've never really had a problem with words, so 8000 really isn't that daunting a possibility for me when I really sit down and think about it.

It's just the lack of research I feel will cripple me. I'm finding it harder than I imagined to link the ideas back to design and how they want the essay structured. It's almost impossible to show illustrations in a section based on explaining the current state of a music industry. I could say "This is Ke$ha's new album, it sold X amount of physical copies to x amount of downloads" but it seems an unnecessary waste of words for such a broad topic.

I'm sure I'll figure it out...

Anyways, it was brought to my attention awhile back and I never checked it out, so I now implore you to do so as it really is an interesting read. This is 8Faces, a magazine devoted to type that in a Desert Island Disks fashion asks, if you could only use 8 typefaces for the rest of your life, what would they be?







It sports a very stylish and modernist design and has some great interviews, pity all the physical copies sold out 4 months before I even caught wind of it! However don't threat! It's available in digital format! The cost of the PDF is £3 but I'm sure its available in other, less legitimate places...

Right then. Early to bed, early to write...

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment