Saturday 17 April 2010

Cups of Tea 0285 - 0287

As some of you might have noticed at the moment, I'm doing a lot of work but not mentioning it. It's a hard place to be in as while I find myself being slightly steered towards Branding and the conception of a brand's values / ideas (hell, dare I say it... Advertising :O?!) I also find myself moving slightly in the direction of street art. Obviously, this is abit of a legally gray area (what I'm doing atm is from what I can gather, 100% legal...) but I'm still on the fence if I should be sharing it with you.

I mean it's all well and good having work in a public domain, it's one of the things I want to do. Bring my ideas to the real world, away from this blog and it's seemingly decreasing readership and brighten up the lives of commuters, joggers and people stuck in traffic jams. But in my quest to do that, I have to expect that there could be future implications in posting a day by day of my own activities within the realms of street art.

I mean I know I'm defiantly not going to be a writer (as in graf writer, not pen to paper / finger to keyboard), I haven't got the skillz, the time to practice or even the knowledge to go around throwing up sick pieces like some I've seen around Swansea and the surrounding areas (a certain avian artist comes to mind here). I could stencil, hell I've been doing stencils in projects for years now but haven't hit the streets with them because I haven't felt they were good enough. I've sticker bombed for quite a few campaigns (and recently my own) and thought it was quite a rush, something within my comfort zone (something pre-designed on in illustrator and printed for mass publication...) to which the only considerations have been where to bomb that won't get me a night in the cells / really fuck up anyone's livelihood. But I also like the idea of "street art" as in graf influenced pieces, pre-made and pasted up / placed in a location where they might only be a temporary fixture.

This brings me onto the two foot mammal sat on the floor behind me.

Next week (it would have been tomorrow) I plan to make my way into the realms of street art subtly. It won't be something everyone will see, I'm focusing on it more from a location where the idea hit me for a photo shoot and then leave the sucker there. If anyone takes him, it'll be a shame but nevermind, especially as the sucker's hand drawn. I've gotta get away from the feeling of preciousness if I want to do this.

Anyways, the final unveiling of my 4th music poster and how it fits into the entire theme itself. Jazz Daddy-o.



And how the posters work as a whole -



Tickets to follow tomorrow hopefully!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment