Monday 25 April 2011

Cups of Tea 1412 - 1423

Why hello all! Sorry for the absence, but in the light of once in a lifetime theater event that graced my home town, I had to go watch a Teacher get nailed to a cross! I refer of course, to Micheal Sheen's Passion, a 3 day episodic drama that took place in various locations across the town. I loved it. It was strangely serial to walk down a street I used to walk every day, accompany a beaten man carrying a cross... It was moving and made me miss acting a hell of a lot. A huge, huge shout out to Matthew Aubrey and Kyle Rhys, two people I've known all my life, whos performances were exceptional and are living proof people can make a name for themselves in this town. Kristian Phillips and Jordan Bernard were also wicked in it, have to tip my hats to them... God, it made me miss acting...

Anywho, on to design ;) I set myself a day project of designing an Energy Drink, purely because I wanted to use a tag line I'd come up with and want to continue the roll of solid logo designing. I used a technique that Gav talked about in one of our classes, writ down the first 5 ideas in your head, then rip the page up and start fresh. I did this and loved the finished result. No conceived notions of the design or even a name. Just a tagline (that could apply to any energy drink) and went for it.

Amongst the names brainstormed were 'Sledgehammer', 'Beat', 'Apollo' and 'Charge', before I finally went with 'Shift'. Then breaking this down even further into what shift could mean, settled on the idea of cars and shifting gears, which I believe led to a striking concept that then became the finished logo :)



The Font is a custom job, with the 'I' modeled on the idea of a gearstick diagram. Shoop shoop. While the can design is done, I want to print it out and photograph it properly, as I don't think it'll work as a flat image ;)

With this one, thoughts are not only appreciated but encouraged! See you guys and gals tomorrow, and thanks for reading / looking!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment