Thursday 7 April 2011

Cups of Tea 1349 - 1353

Hellooo everybody! Sorry for the lack of a blog post yesterday, I was feeling a little under the weather and while I'd done one of the following, I wanted to post them in a complete set :)

While the Blume International poster was pretty self explanatory in where I got the inspiration, it was very hard for me to try and create a piece of artwork that in my eyes at least, is up to the quality of Rushmore. It is without a shadow of a doubt, in my Top 5 movies of all time. In fact, only second in my eyes to The Royal Tenenbaums, which I can imagine is going to be a nightmare for me to design the poster for haha!

I looked around a lot at what had already been produced for this cult classic, they all seemed to focus on the same things. Either Max's hobbies / Beret, Bill Murray's Bad Ass moments or The Rushmore crest. However, as the first frame of the film after the curtains open, we as an audience are exposed to the beautifully simple and modernist 'Rushmore' sign on the school gates. Just 8 fading red squares with 8 dulled gold letters. And nobody has done a poster of it! haha!

so I present to you my Rushmore posters :) My original, and then the logo version (with the original from the movie)!





M x

No comments:

Post a Comment