Tuesday 9 August 2011

Cups of Tea 1931 - 1935

It's been a bit of a strange day for me to be honest... Ive mostly been watching sky news and just looking over notes from professional studies / a few random ebooks on selling stuff over the internet, exciting times... not. I promised I'd have design to show, but alas, the day didn't call for it... Instead, I have two absolutely AWESOME websites to share.

The first, indulges my wonderful love of expletives... Oh how I enjoy the odd swear word, peppering my constant chattery with some of the wilder words of the english language is my equivalent to smoking a Cuban cigar or a fine glass of port... I thought I had excelled the use of George Carlin's Seven Words to an art form. However, I was wrong. I have been stripped of my crown by the talent typographer, Theo Olesen. Olsen has a website called Beautiful Swear words, which is very quickly becoming my favourite site on the Internet... The concept is simple. Olsen does a beautiful piece of hand drawn type, vectors it up with some awesome colour choices and then posts one a day. Wonderful, wonderful stuff! Not for the easily offended, but for those who still feel the stinging taboo of the 'big c word' or a sneaky fecal cuss, this is living proof that there can be beauty in bad language.



More of this uber work can be found here!

The second site I want to share is Vi.Sulaize! It's a lot like FFFOUND! and many other websites currently floating around the net, but unlike those websites, it's got a built in Firefox widget (I'd imagine there's Safari / Chrome support too!) that allows you to right-click an image and upload it onto your account... meaning you have an online visual diary for any and all cool shit you find on the web! Means I can now keep my desktop tidy + have one place to look at everything, without having to print off and paste up!



Here's me using it to also show off some beautiful swearwords haha! If you sign up, let me know! I'll friend you on there, or whatever you do along those lines lol...

That's all from me tonight anyways folks! I'm starting a new project tomorrow after I pop off to Swansea tomorrow for lulz... So there will DEFIANTLY be something to show you guys, scouts honor! Well, unless riots consume Swansea City Center while I'm there >.< It'd be just my luck!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment