Saturday 16 October 2010

Cups of Tea 0773 - 0776

Bare with me, I'm still getting back into the swing of everything...

Having family down, although a nice experience is very counter-productive. Hell, even being in this house, where there is no designated work area other than one situated within 5 meters of a X-factor emitting television and parents, with their own opinions on the crumbling state of music competing for volume to distract me, ('they've got no talent', 'would buy / listen to an album of this?' and 'why are we watching this rollocks?' are the one million pound questions pondered throughout the program...) I then have a very inquisitive six year old and an older brother going through Central-London withdrawal to entertain.

So naturally, little work has been done short of me barricading my bedroom door like an anti-social teenager, headphones blaring some Seerauber Jenny while I attempt to read the history of the LP. It's because I'm classy, not begrudging of family visits, honest.

But read I did. Mostly about Jazz in the book "The Long Player Goodbye" by Travis Elborough, while the book documents the physical format from the very beginning, I feel it's not really the type of thing I really need for my dissertation. Although I've picked up a few things across the 100+ pages i've read so far that've made me question my protest at the death of album artwork so much that I have become slightly hollow to music in general...

Other than that rather depressing note, I picked up Dataflow 2. Shiny, shiny data graphics. While i've got two ideas down for it, I've not really done much beyond annotating sheets of apple facts. Either way, there's alot to do on it tomorrow...

As for your need to consume something graphical, I present to you the new Radox advert.



Yes, I know. WTF indeed.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment