Tuesday 11 May 2010

Cups of Tea 0367 - 0369

I feel betrayed by the democratic system and most of all by the people my country. A vote is such a fickle thing when the media can easily sway the vast majority of people who read into it. Congratulations, you've voted for higher tax, no unbiased broadcasting, (though I guess you like Rupert Murdoch telling you what to do anyways? Decisions don't seem so difficult when they're next to a pair of tits...) no free national health service, no cap on university fees, less police, nurses, doctors firemen... A stop to dealings with the EU, trapping us in our own archaic structures.

I could go on.

Fundamentally what you've voted for is a lesser quality of life. In playing a part in this, you will have made the rich richer, and the poor poorer. And for what? What are the policies you felt so strongly about? How many of you brainless bovine read their manifesto? Oh you didn't? Then how did you form an opinion. Oh, the paper. The same paper written by Oxford graduates, dumbing the content down to the reading level of a six year old, just so there's nothing to confuse you. Because they'd hate to do that, I mean that would mean you wouldn't read it. Then how could they sway you in their favor?

The main reason I hear is always "my (insert relative) owns a small business". Wow, they get a small tax cut. If they owned a multi national they'd be saying millions, but they don't. They never will and you've damn well made sure of that. Because that's the silly thing about business, in order for it to work, you need to have customers. When every last penny we earn is going to go towards tax, who is going to shop with you? And that money you've saved? It's just going to be added on somewhere else.

Argh I'm to tired to go on. I just to go to sleep and turn into somebody who doesn't care for awhile. I had faith that this could have been a change. Next time i'm voting Plaid hahaha!

M x

2 comments:

  1. sums up my anger and severe frustration at the situation perfectly, very well said mate. 3 years of doom await.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you'll be in uni for two of them I guess mate, I'm thinking of getting the fuck out of here after uni now haha!

    ReplyDelete